The most notable changes in this release are:
- the drizzle_binlogs tool has been removed, it is now in the Drizzle Tools tree which will have its first release soon.
- the connection API has been refactored, options processing has been re-written and the connection API has been simplified in general
- drizzle_escape_string has been made safer
- drizzle_hex_string and drizzle_mysql_password_hash has been removed
- internal state system refactored to be safer
- binlog API changed to use a callback based API
- general API cleanups