My name is Andrew Hutchings but am known to many as 'LinuxJedi'. My day job is as a Principal Software Engineer for HP's Advanced Technology Group. I live in the UK with my wife and two children but am often travelling to the US for meetings and conferences.
In my spare time I like to hack useful code onto several open source projects. You can also find my LinkedIn page at http://uk.linkedin.com/in/linuxjedi.
I have previously worked in the following roles:
- an environment monitoring company as an embedded microcontroller developer
- a hosting company designing/installing/supporting Linux servers
- Dennis Publishing (via. The First Post) as a sysadmin, senior PHP developer and DBA
- Oracle (via. Sun Microsystems) as a MySQL Senior Technical Support Engineer
- Rackspace as a Software Developer on the Drizzle Project
- SkySQL as a Senior Sustaining Engineer
I was a tutorial speaker at the 2010 O'Reilly MySQL Conference & Expo, tutorial and session speaker at the 2011 O'Reilly MySQL Conference & Expo. In October 2012 I gave a keynote at O'Reilly Velocity Europe (youtube video). I am also a co-author of a book called MySQL 5.1 Plugins Development.
I am contactable via. my personal email address email@example.com and am on twitter as @LinuxJedi.